In order to use PayFast with Thelia, you will need to install the PayFast payment module for Thelia, which is provided by PayFast.
Install the PayFast module as follows:
- Unzip the module to a temporary location on your computer.
- Copy the 'PayFast' folder to local/modules under your base 'Thelia' public folder.
– This should NOT overwrite any existing files or folders and merely supplement them with the PayFast files.
– This is, however, dependent on the FTP program you use.
- Log in to the Thelia Back Office.
- Using the navigation bar, navigate to Modules.
- Click Enable Pay with PayFast.
- Once the module is Enabled, Under PAYMENT MODULES, Pay with PayFast click on Actions -> Configure Module.
- The PayFast options will then be shown, and you will see the module is ready to be tested.
- Leave everything as per default and click 'Save'.
- The module is now ready to be tested with the Sandbox. To test with the sandbox, select 'Test mode'.
Testing that Thelia is working correctly
If you followed the installation instructions above, the module is in 'test' mode and you can test it by purchasing from your site as a buyer normally would. You will be redirected to PayFast for payment and can log in with the user account detailed above and make payment using the balance in their wallet.
You will not be able to directly 'test' a credit card or Instant EFT payment in the sandbox, but you don’t really need to. The inputs to and outputs from PayFast are exactly the same, no matter which payment method is used, so using the wallet of the test user will give you exactly the same results as if you had used another payment method.