- You will need to be registered on PayFast to accept payments and get your merchant ID, Merchant Key and Passphrase.
On your PayFast merchant account on the Integration page, ensure the following:
- You can find the full installation instructions on the WooCommerce PayFast Plugin page.
For effective testing, please follow our instructions for sandbox mode.
- Recurring billing is available through the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension.
- 'Recurring Billing' must be enabled on your Integration page on your merchant dashboard.
- When editing recurring billing, select the 'Ad hoc Payments' checkbox and click Update.
- To view your WooCommerce subscriptions on PayFast, you will find them under the 'Transactions' -> 'Ad hoc agreements' dropdown on your merchant dashboard.
Note that PayFast does not manage the subscriptions through WooCommerce. The subscriptions are created in WooCommerce, which then uses the tokenized billing service with PayFast to allow for recurring billing (also known as ad hoc agreements).
This module was developed by WooCommerce, so please visit their website for integration support regarding code errors and development.
To manage payment notification issues, please ensure that logging is enabled on the plugin settings on WooCommerce. Select 'Enable Logging' checkbox and save. This will allow us to review your debug log files saved on your server.