To install the PayFast payment module, follow the instructions below:
- Download the payment module from Github.
- Unzip the module to a temporary location on your computer.
- Copy the ‘extensions’ folder in the archive to your base AbanteCart folder.
- This should not overwrite any existing files or folders and merely supplement them with the PayFast files. This is, however, dependent on the FTP program you use.
- Log into the admin dashboard of your AbanteCart site.
- Click on the ‘Extensions’ icon, then select ‘Payments’.
- Click the PayFast ‘Install’ button.
- After installation click ‘Edit’.
- Enable the plugin and set ‘Sandbox Mode’ to ‘Yes’. Set the order status as necessary.
- Click ‘Save’.
- You are now ready to test the PayFast addon in sandbox mode.
- When ready to go live, navigate to the PayFast setup page as before, input your PayFast merchant ID and Key (and passphrase if set on your account).
- Set ‘Sandbox Mode’ to ‘No’ and click ‘Save’.
- You are now ready to process live transactions using PayFast.
Note: You will need to setup ZAR on the site in order to use PayFast.