To install the PayFast payment module, follow the instructions below:
- Download the PayFast addon from the PrestaShop addons site.
- Navigate to modules in the admin dashboard of your PrestaShop cloud site.
- Click ‘Add New Module’ in the top right corner of the screen and follow the prompts.
- Select the PayFast addon downloaded in step 1 for upload.
- If you are not able to select a file for upload you may need to log out of the PrestaShop addons site (navigate to your profile, select ‘Preferences’ and then ‘Log out of addon account’), then repeat the installation process from step 2.
- Click the 'Install' button to install the module.
- Once the module is installed, click 'Configure' below the PayFast name.
- The PayFast options will then be shown, and you will see the module is ready to be tested.
- Leave everything as per default and click 'Save' in order to test in sandbox mode.
Testing that it is working correctly
If you followed the installation instructions above, the module is in 'test' mode and you can test it by purchasing from your site as a buyer normally would. You will be redirected to PayFast for payment and can log in with the user account detailed above and make payment using the balance in their wallet.
You will not be able to directly 'test' a credit card or Instant EFT in the sandbox, but you don't really need to. The inputs to and outputs from PayFast are exactly the same, no matter which payment method is used, so using the wallet of the test user will give you exactly the same results as if you had used another payment method.
In order to make the module 'LIVE', follow the instructions below:
- Log into the PrestaShop Back Office.
- Using the top navigation bar, navigate to Modules.
- Click 'Payments & Gateways' to expand the options.
- Under PayFast, click the 'Configure' link.
- In the PayFast Settings block, use the following settings:
- Mode = “Live”
- Merchant ID = <Login to PayFast -> Integration Page>
- Merchant Key = <Login to PayFast -> Integration Page>
- Debugging = Unchecked
- Click 'Save'.