In order to use PayFast with WordPress, you need to install EventEspresso. After this step you will need to install the PayFast payment module for EventEspresso, which is provided by PayFast.
- A working WordPress and EventEspresso installation
- PHP Curl extension ( Ask your host if you are not sure if this is available )
Installation and testing
The PayFast module may be included in your EventEspresso install directory, but if it is not, you can install it by doing the following:
Version 4.6. – 4.9.
- Make sure you have a working WordPress and EventEspresso installed.
- Download the required PayFast Module for your version of Event Espresso:
- Unzip the file.
- Using FTP, copy the PayFast file into payment_methods folder of Event Espresso. Alternatively, upload the PayFast.zip folder within the mod-eventespresso directory to your site via the plugins page of your WordPress site.
- EventEspresso automatically reads the gateway directory, so it should pick up the new PayFast directory
- Setup ZAR on EE: navigate to EE general settings > country. Change country to South Africa, change currency code to ZAR, name to Rand, and symbol to R (leave country ISO code as US).
- Go into your WordPress admin directory, select EventEspresso in the left hand menu and then select Payment Settings.
- Here you will see a list of all the installed payment gateways. Select 'Payfast'.
- Select 'activate Payfast'.
- For testing purposes, use the Debugging Feature and the PayFast Sandbox.
- The module is now ready to be tested with the PayFast Sandbox. To test with the sandbox, use the following login credentials when redirected to the PayFast site:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: clientpass
In order to make the module 'LIVE', follow the instructions below:
- Log into the WordPress Administrator console.
- Using the main menu, navigate to EventEspresso > Payment Settings > PayFast Settings.
- In the right hand tab, change the configuration values as below:
- PayFast Sandbox and Debugging set to no
- Change the Merchant ID = Available on your Integration Page on the PayFast website
- Change the Merchant Key = Available on your Integration Page on the PayFast website
- Change the other fields as per your preferences.
- Click 'Save'.
If you are using version 4.4 or below, please visit GitHub for instructions.