To install the PayFast payment module, follow the instructions below:
- Download the payment module from GitHub.
- Unzip the module to a temporary location on your computer.
- Copy the payment-gateway-payfast folder to the apps/common/extensions folder.
- In the backend area of your MailWizz website, navigate to Settings > Monetization to enable Monetization.
- Navigate to Extend > Extensions and enable Payment Gateway – PayFast.
- Navigate to Monetization (in the main menu) > Payment gateways > PayFast.
- For testing purposes use the following credentials:
- Merchant ID: 10000100
- Merchant Key: 46f0cd694581a
- Leave the passphrase blank, set the mode to ‘Sandbox’ and status to ‘Enabled.
- Click 'Save changes'.
- Once you are ready to go live change the Merchant ID and Key to your PayFast Merchant ID and Key. If you have set a passphrase on your PayFast account, input the same passphrase on the PayFast configuration page, otherwise leave it blank. Set the mode to ‘Live’ and click 'Save changes'.
Testing that it is working correctly
If you followed the installation instructions above, and set the module to ‘test’ mode, you can test it by purchasing from your site as a buyer normally would. You will be redirected to PayFast for payment and can log in with the user account detailed above and make payment using the balance in their wallet.
You will not be able to directly ‘test’ a credit card or Instant EFT payment in the sandbox, but you don’t really need to. The inputs to and outputs from PayFast are exactly the same, no matter which payment method is used, so using the wallet of the test user will give you exactly the same results as if you had used another payment method.