In order to use PayFast with VirtueMart, you will need to install the PayFast payment module for VirtueMart which is provided by PayFast.
- A working Joomla 3.4.* and VirtueMart 3.3.* installation
- PHP cURL extension
- Ask your host if you are not sure if this is available.
Installation and testing
- Download the payment module from our site.
- Go to Joomla’s Extension manager.
- Select the PayFast zip file (mod-virtuemart_3.zip) and install it.
- Still in the Extension Manager of Joomla, click 'Manage'.
- Search for the PayFast module and activate it
- Using the main menu, navigate to Components > VirtueMart.
- Using the VirtueMart menu, navigate to Shop > Payment Methods.
- Click ‘new’ and enter PayFast for payment name, publish, and choose VM Payment – PayFast for the payment method, then click 'Save'.
- Review the settings on the 'Configuration' tab of the PayFast plugin (Note: to test in sandbox do not set a passphrase).
- Click 'Save'.
- The module is now ready to be tested with the PayFast Sandbox, if the 'sandbox' is to be used, make sure setting is set to 'Yes'.
- To use the module in live mode, enter your PayFast Merchant ID and Key, and, if necessary, passphrase. Change sandbox to 'No' and click 'Save'.
If you are using a previous version of VirtueMart, please visit GitHub for instructions.