NOTE: For Recurring Billing, if you already have subscriptions setup on your WHMCS site those subscriptions will continue to generate invoices as before until cancelled. In order to migrate your clients to the new module, the next invoice they receive will give them the option to Subscribe tokenized billing. Depending on your desired setup following invoices can be automatically charged as they are generated by WHMCS.
- Deactivate the PayFast plugin.
- Under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways next to PayFast click 'Deactivate'.
- Note: You may need to select a temporary payment option such as offline credit card.
- Remove all plugin files on your hosting server as follows:
modules/gateways/payfast.log modules/gateways/payfast.php modules/gateways/payfast/adhoc.php modules/gateways/payfast/payfast_common.inc modules/gateways/payfast/v5_include.php modules/gateways/payfast/v6_include.php modules/gateways/callback/payfast.php includes/hooks/payfastchargesubscription.php includes/hooks/payfastviewinvoice.php
- See 'Standard Upgrade Procedure' below.
Standard Upgrade Procedure
- Download the WHMCS payment module from our site.
- Unzip the module to a temporary location on your computer.
- Copy the 'modules' folder from the archive to your base “whmcs” folder (using FTP program or similar).
- This should should ONLY overwrite existing PayFast files.
- This is, however, dependent on the FTP program you use.
- If you are concerned about this, rather copy the individual files across as per instructions below.
- Log into the WHMCS Administrator console.
- Using the main menu, navigate to Setup > Payment Gateways.
- Enter the following details under the 'PayFast' heading:
- Merchant ID
- Merchant Key
- (Required for Recurring Billing) PassPhrase
- Click 'Save Changes'.