When you choose to make a payment using Masterpass or Zapper on your mobile phone through a web browser, you will be prompted to continue the payment in the app. Choosing to do so will open the relevant app to complete the payment. If you are having issues completing the payment, such as if nothing appears to be happening or the app doesn’t automatically open, then it could be because pop-ups are blocked in your browser.
Below are instructions on how to enable pop-ups in the most commonly used browsers.
Please note: Enabling pop-ups can affect the functionality of certain websites, so please be cautious.
- On your iPhone open ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and select ‘Safari’.
- Scroll down under ‘General’ until you find ‘Block Pop-ups’.
- Make sure it's not toggled in the on position.
- On your computer, open Safari.
- In the top left, click the Safari menu.
- Select ‘Preferences’ and then select the ‘Security’ tab.
- Make sure the ‘Block pop-up windows’ option is unchecked.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click vertical ellipses (three dots) menu and then ‘Settings’.
- Under ‘Privacy and security’, click ‘Site settings’.
- Click ‘Pop-ups and redirects’.
- At the top, turn the setting to ‘Allowed’.
Internet Explorer 11
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click ‘Tools’ and then select ‘Internet options’.
- On the ‘Privacy’ tab under ‘Pop-up Blocker’, make sure the ‘Turn on Pop-up Blocker’ checkbox is unchecked.
- Select ‘OK’.
- Open Firefox.
- Click the Menu and select ‘Preferences’.
- Select the ‘Privacy & Security’ tab on the left.
- Scroll down to ‘Permissions’ and find ‘Block pop-up windows’.
- Select ‘Exceptions’ and add https://www.payfast.co.za in the address of the website input box.
- Select ‘Allow’ and then ‘Save Changes’.
Edge (Windows 10)
- In the new Microsoft Edge, go to ‘Settings and more’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Site permissions’.
- Select ‘Pop-ups and redirects’.
- Make sure that the ‘Block’ toggle isn’t set to ‘On’.