On your PayFast account, do the following:
- Log into your PayFast account and navigate to Settings > Integration.
- Click ‘Enable’ or ‘Edit’ next to Recurring Billing and enable 'Ad Hoc payments'. (Once setup, WHMCS subscriptions will be found under ‘Ad Hoc Agreements’ on your PayFast account.)
- Ensure that you have a PassPhrase set on your account.
On your admin dashboard of your WHMCS site, do the following:
- Log into the admin dashboard of your WHMCS site and navigate to the PayFast configuration page under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways.
- Select ‘Enable Recurring Billing’ to:
- Enable the Subscribe Now to tokenized billing option on invoices which requires credit card payments.
- Turn off 'Auto Redirect on Checkout' under Setup > General Settings > Ordering. Set ‘Auto Redirect on Checkout’ to ‘Automatically take the user to the invoice’
- The 'Pay Now' option will still be available to clients who wish to pay invoices once off.
- Select ‘Force Recurring Billing’ to require all clients to use tokenized billing. This requires 'Enable Recurring Billing' to be enabled to take effect.
- When a client has already signed up for tokenized billing:
- The adhoc token can be found by clicking ‘Credit Card Information’ on the Client Profile page, and manually cleared by clicking ‘Clear Details’, if desired.
- Unpaid invoices will have the 'Pay Now' option available so that clients can pay invoices using all once-off payment methods available on your PayFast account.
- Invoices can be automatically charged via automation settings under Setup > Automation Settings.
- Enables ‘Attempt Capture’ functionality admin dashboard of your WHMCS site
- Once the subscription has been setup, it can be managed on the Client Profile page, under the ‘Products/Services’ tab on your WHMCS site admin dashboard.