To install the PayFast payment module, follow the below instructions:
- Download the PayFast Moodle enrolment plugin according to the version of Moodle you have installed: v3.1 – v3.8+ or v3.0
- Unzip the file on your local drive and upload it to the publicly accessible Moodle installation, this should not overwrite any files on the website. [your moodle installation folder]/enroll/payfast
- Log into your Moodle website as the admin. You will be presented with the ‘Plugins Check’ screen, click the ‘Update Moodle database now’ button and then ‘Continue’.
- Navigate to Site Administration > Plugins > Enrolments and select the link at the top of the page ‘Manage enrol plugins’.
- Enable PayFast by clicking the little Disabled icon.
- Again you will be presented with the ‘Plugins Check’ screen, click the ‘Update Moodle database now’ button and then ‘Continue’.
- You are now ready to insert your PayFast Merchant ID and Key (these can be found by logging into your PayFast account and clicking on the Settings tab).
- Change the settings further to suit your needs.
- It’s always advisable to do a test transaction in the Sandbox/Test site first.
- Change ‘Allow PayFast Enrolments’ to 'Yes'.
- Click 'Save'.
To add PayFast as the payment method on a course:
- Navigate from ‘Site Home’ (if applicable), and select the course name.
- Select the settings icon (top-right), then select ‘More’.
- On the Course administration page, select the ‘Users’ tab, and navigate to ‘Enrolment methods’.
- Add PayFast as a method and set accordingly for the course.